Please ensure you read and understand the following terms and conditions pertaining to your accommodation rental. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- By placing a booking with us, (property owner) you (lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Your villa rental includes accommodation as booked, including GAT tax and services, (ie) villa, staff, water, electricity and Internet.
- Staff gratuity is NOT included – a minimum 15% of your rental cost to be given to staff prior to departure.
- Our cook(s) can prepare breakfast and dinner for you at no additional cost when renting the main villa, (or the main villa/apartment together).
- Food and beverages are not included -- estimate $35-$40US/person/day.
You may bring your groceries with you or our staff can do your shopping prior to your arrival. ($50US payable directly to the cook).
NOTE: If our staff do your shopping, for groups of 5 or more a 50% pre-payment of estimated food costs is required 30 days before your arrival. Receipts will be provided -- just reimburse our cook for the balance when you arrive. Please advise if any allergies or special dietary requirements.
- Studio Apartment is self-sufficient with housekeeping and caretaker only (no cook)—full staff services if rented with villa.
- To place a booking with us, the lead guest must be at least 21 years of age.
- A 50% deposit is required at booking. Once received and processed, you will receive notification that your booking is confirmed for the dates requested. The balance of your rental is due 60 days prior to arrival (90 days prior for holidays such as Christmas/New Year’s). If your booking is within 60 days of arrival full payment is required at time of booking.
- If the guest needs to cancel the booking please advise the owner immediately via email at email@example.com
- The deposit is non-refundable, however if you cancel prior to 30 days before arrival, we will refund your final payment, less a 10% service charge. If you cancel less than 30 days prior to arrival or are a “no-show” you will forfeit the final payment and will be charged the full rental.
CANCELLATION DUE TO COVID:
Reservations made after March 14, 2020 are no longer covered under our extenuating circumstances policy, except where the guest or host is currently sick with COVID-19. COVID-19 related circumstances not covered include: transportation disruptions and cancellations; travel advisories and restrictions; health advisories and quarantines; changes to applicable law; and other government mandates—like evacuation orders, border closures, prohibitions on short-term rentals, and shelter-in-place requirements. Our regular cancellation policy will apply as usual.
After the declaration of COVID-19 as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization, the extenuating circumstances policy no longer applies because COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer unforeseen or unexpected.
It is recommended guests purchase travel and/or cancellation insurance to cover any fees or loses.
- In the unlikely event that circumstances beyond the owners control necessitate the cancellation of the booking, the owner reserves the right to cancel any bookings at that time and will only be liable to refund monies already paid by the guest.
Check-In 2:00pm to 8:00 pm
Check-Out 12:00 noon or earlier
- The guest commitment is to take good care of the property and leave it in the same condition as when you arrived. Report any damage, loss, problem/concern immediately to the on-site Villa Manager. We have not charged you a “damage deposit” however, with this agreement guests agrees to pay the full cost of any breakage, damage or loss.
- Maximum occupancy in the villa is 8 guests and studio apartment 2 guests. If renting both the villa and studio apartment maximum occupancy is 10 guests. The maximum number of guests per room is 2 people (not including infants).
- Our property is a private villa and as such, only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed to use the property and its facilities. Any third-party visitors are only allowed access with prior permission. The owner does understand that guests may wish to occasionally invite their friends not staying at our villa. Please discuss and confirm permission with the Villa Manager prior -- staff will be pleased to help with any requirements.
- Any guests or visitors to the villa/property MUST follow all rules and regulations concerning COVID-19 protocols.
- All guests agree to be mindful and respect the privacy of neighbours, staff and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honoring this agreement or causing a disturbance/nuisance.
- Where WIFI and internet access is provided, guests agree to use this access to the internet fairly and appropriately. Access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, music, light media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, on-line gaming, extensive downloads/uploads.
- Smoking of any tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, pipes, cigars, is only allowed outside in designated areas.
- We do not accept pets, with the exception of service dogs.
The owner assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items belonging to guests. This includes losses resulting directly or indirectly from natural events such as floods, storms, hurricanes or other acts of God. The owner is not responsible for any accidents or injury that occur inside or outside the villa. Swimming in the sea and/or a pool is at the guest’s own risk. The owner is also not responsible for incidents such as fire, breakdown of equipment or machinery, act of war, strikes, theft, pilferage, epidemics, quarantine expenses, or losses sustained by the guest(s) as a result of such incidents or occurrences.
It is agreed that the Owner does hereby let and leases to Renter (guest and party) the following premises:
Butterfly Hill Villa
Billy’s Bay, Treasure Beach
St. Elizabeth, Jamaica
By booking accommodation with us, it is understood you are over 21 years of age and accept the terms and conditions listed on behalf of you and your party.